Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can you give me advice on moving into a new home (townhome)?

How do I go about cleaning and maintaining the home on my first day of moving in? How do I go about meeting my neighbors? Should I have the locks changed?Can you give me advice on moving into a new home (townhome)?
I always change the locks.





The neighbors you will run into because everyone is watching you move in.





As far as cleaning, you should do that before things are moved in.Can you give me advice on moving into a new home (townhome)?
if u'r looking on cleaning... clean out the drawers/ cabinets %26amp; lay contact paper or rubbermaid makes new shelf liner stuff which would protect everything. Then u can load u'r dishes/ etc on u'r lst DAY after u have moved everything.





Don't worry so mch about cleaning everything up b/c u will have accumlated enuff from moving. get some items settled lst then worry about that later. Make sure u can fill u'r drawers %26amp; closet... make u'r bed... wash out the sink %26amp; mayb shower/tub.... toliet... then start slowly unloading the rest. Hopefully, u can get whoever or however helping u to move to place u'r furniture in the place u want it.





If u'r purchasing u'r house thru a realitor then the locks should b changed but ask %26amp; u could do so esp. if u didn't get all the keys.





Then after u have gotten settled... u can go %26amp; greet u'r neighbors. If u want, u could meet them at their door %26amp; intro u'rself or invite them over for a little dessert.





have fun...
Well what you should do is vacuum the carpets and wash the windows. Mop the tile if there is any. Then move everything in and unpack. Have a house warming party with a bunch of your friends and invite your neighbors too. Yes, you should definately change the locks. It is a lot safer then just having the originals on. I hope this helped. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment