Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What advice do you have to help me face my new life?

I've recently become homeless. I feel I've lost my whole world. I find it hard to face the future. I've rediscovered my relationship with God which helps. But I still get really depressed.What advice do you have to help me face my new life?
first of all keep your head up. ive been through homelessness on and off for four years and im finally self-supporting and pretty happy. i dont know if your situation is drug or alcohol related (as mine was) but the best thing you can do is stay sober, stay positive, and find someone to talk who has been through the same. i promise you if you make the effort (hard as it may be) you WILL get through this. tell yourself that when you get low. keep praying and think about what steps you can take to get back on your feet. take care of yourself, you will be in my prayers.What advice do you have to help me face my new life?
roll up your sleeves,get busy and get back on the right track..your faith will help you along the way,good luck,stay on the good path.-
you are homeless and have a computer,i doubt the validity of your question.
Desire to have a home. Before going to sleep-picture out yourself in a your dream house. When waking-up, imagine this things again. You will achieve whatever you desire if you are positive in life. I believe you can have a home again. Your dream home. Erase negatives thoughts. Fight negative thoughts. You can do it. Good luck.
Go to the Library...and read the book...';Conversations With God'; by Neale Donald Walsh...he was homeless too for awhile. And you will see how God works in our lives. He is always with you, and this part of your life was PLANNED....go read it, you'll be glad you did.
find a good paying job, try to take a shower as often as possible and do your best to get back on your feet. My boyfriend was homeless for a little over a year before I meet him and he mad it through it some how. Just don't give up. good luck.
Well, from the way you write alone, it seems you're a very intelligent and eloquent person with computer skills. I'm sorry things have become hard for you. But I'm glad you've found great hope in God's company.


I work with teenagers in difficult situations, some who deal with homelessness. I've become amazed as to how many local resources there are to help people bounce back. Search the internet (google resource lists for your area) or better yet your library should have a thick book with all that info (ask the information desk).


If you feel lonely, think of this as a time to work on yourself, learn a new skill, read, etc. so when interesting people or opportunities come along, you can take pride in yourself.
Well, it's a good sign that you're homeless and have been able to keep your computer and internet access. Must be hard to get a place to plug it in. Good luck in the future. Perhaps you can sign up for DSL soon.
Your homeless but have the internet???





o.k.well that is great that you have discovered god though:)
Keep your faith with Jesus and it will all work out I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment