Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I find advice as to what DJ equipment to buy for a new DJ in the MP3 world?

I was a DJ back in the day of, ';Two turntables and a microphone,'; but I want to get back into the DJ business. I am have a laptop and a home computer and am interested in what type of DJ equipment to get if I want to DJ with my laptop and CDs instead of lugging around the ';coffin'; with my turntables. I am all for buying used equipment if it is reliable and while I want to go lean and inexpensive that doesn鈥檛 mean I want to go cheap and low quality. Any suggestions?Where can I find advice as to what DJ equipment to buy for a new DJ in the MP3 world?
I've been using Traktor 3 and a Faderfox controller for over a year now, and it's never let me down. You can do so much more with MP3's than vinyl that I'll rarely even bring my records to a gig anymore. CD's are OK, but again, it's another 10-20 pounds to lug on your shoulder, and you have to be able to know how to work all kinds of CD units. Also, if you're up for the MP3 route, keep your eyes on Vestax-they're about to release a Traktor dedicated controller that's looking meeeean at the moment: http://vestax.com/v/products/players/vci鈥?/a>Where can I find advice as to what DJ equipment to buy for a new DJ in the MP3 world?
i currently dj now and it seems most of us have gone the Serato route. all i carry to my gigs now is a laptop and serato box and plug into the club's system. if you are doing mobile gigs and needing your own turntables, the pioneer cdj 800s or cdj 1000s seem to be the industry standard now. not cheap, but i have the 800s and they are great. i started off with turntables, then went to CDJs, and now i've gone Serato and haven't had any problems. sometimes i miss ';diggin' though the crates';, but my back definitely doesn't miss carrying around 3-4 gigs a night. and if you like the feel of vinyl at your finger tips, you can also use serato with turntables as well. good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment