Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice on care for my new baby rooster?

No, I'm not joking. I just got a baby rooster. His name is Buzz. It's not a hatchling or anything, it's just young. I'm going to raise it, but I've never had a chicken before and I don't know what to do other than feed it and water it. Anything else I should know?Advice on care for my new baby rooster?
that's funny.


I have either three or four roosters, they live outside during the day and in the chicken house at night.


You just feed them, water them and let them go.





My favorite rooster is ';Big Head'; he is an araucana. I bought him in a ';backyard special'; from one of the poultry companies for my daughter's birthday.





When we came back from the post office with the box of chicks and baby ducks....we opened the box and there was this baby chick that towered over the others by a head and he was white and had a big poofed hairdo...so we named him ';Big Head';.


Big head is grown now and knows his name.


When I come in from work every morning, he comes running to be fed.


He has a son that is half grown--his name?


';Son of Big Head';.





~~Enjoy your rooster !Advice on care for my new baby rooster?
young birds can become easily trainable not that u want much with a rooster to sit on your shoulder come to you when you call it we have an old batam rooster he used to stay close by the dog day in day out until the dog died now we have 2 young cats and he is joining up with them he thinks he is a dog i m sure he follws you around bla bla they dont take that much looking after just make sure he has a safe spot to sleep and the dogs dont get to him so long as he is safe you should have a good little friend there they do have personalities too believe it or not and he will keep the [place clear of spider too
Be Ready To Clean!!!!
be prepared to clean up after it ALOT


my son kept a silkie rooster pet in the house, it was a good pet


except for the dookie
  • lipstick gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment