Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What's the best advice for a new mother?

I am not a new mother but thought this may be useful for women who are or are about to be.





So what advice can yo offer them?





My advice, do what you feel is right. Raise your child your way, don't be bullied by your mother, mother in law, sister, cousin, lady down the road to do things ';their way';. Because this is your child and you know what is best for them :)What's the best advice for a new mother?
expect the unexpected!! trust ur gut at all times and never underestimate urslf!!











agree with jellybean, time 4 urself! very necessary, just to regroup!!!!!What's the best advice for a new mother?
i m a mother of 2 kids, 1 is 4 years old boy 2nd is a month old baby girl and yh the other answers were helpfull for me its a lil courage for me as i have no help around and m so tired and exhausted its a lil hope for me i,ll advice for them listen to ur heart when its time to raising ur child but carefull with lil 1s they r so innocent handle them with care its for the new momz as many out there give up on their new baby's as i read many stories about misbehave with the new baby's so u ladies just hang in their and i kno its hard but just remember this THIS TIME WILL PASS.


good luck
I completely agree with your advice. My first baby is now 5 months old, and i have come to learn to trust my own instinct. Look at various sources but ultimately its your baby so its your decision. My mother and grandmother and mother in law have all told me to do things their way and at the begining i was doing things i wasnt comfortable with that they suggested. Now i just politely say ok.. thanks, but do things that i feel comfortable with. Spend as much time having cuddles with your little one- because soon curiosity sets in and all they want to do is run and look around.


Try hard not to give up breastfeeding- it can be especially hard during growth spurts when you feel like they are always on the boob- but it is worth- wish i knew this before





.
This is what gets me through each day:





1.) Sleep when baby sleeps





2.) When you feel like you're getting overwhelmed, either pass the baby to another or set it down and walk away for a few minutes for a break.





3.) Just remember that the baby depends on your for everything, so don't take anything at all personally. Baby don't know better!





4.) Spend LOTS of quality time with your baby and bond. I still cry when my baby smiles at me or coos.
raise ur child ur way, its good to hear others ppl's advice on how they raised their kids because u can get some tips from them but at the end of the day its ur child and u know him or her better than anyone and u know wats best for them..best thing i ever did was letting my child cry and listening to their different cries, so now everytime they cry i know wen its a hungry cry or tired cry or im wet or dirty.
I agree with all of the above but most of all I believe in taking time out for yourself. Even if it's a 1/2 hour trip to the grocery store BY YOURSELF. It will make you a better mother in the long run.
When you are feeling frustrated, always remember the good times: smiles, laughs, ';I love you';s, etc. These will encourage you to press on!
NEVER question your Mother's Intuition. If you think something doesn't seem right, go with your instinct! No person on the face of this earth knows your baby better than the Mother herself!
AMEN!





And my bit of advice is to relax! No one knows exactly what they are doing w/ their first baby yet we all try to do things perfect..just go w/ the flow, read your babies ';Q';s and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment