Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rosehair freaking out and running at any contact, had her 3 yrs and this behavior is new, any advice?

Ive had my rosehair for about 3 years now and shes always been relatively easy to handle. but about 3 weeks ago (and about 1.5 weeks after a molt) she became suddenly skiddish and antisocial to all attempts at contact whatsoever. she even behaves this way toward teh crickets. plz hlp, this behavior is completely new and im rly worried about herRosehair freaking out and running at any contact, had her 3 yrs and this behavior is new, any advice?
Tarantulas DO NOT like to be held. This stresses them out VERY MUCH They do best as display pets.Rosehair freaking out and running at any contact, had her 3 yrs and this behavior is new, any advice?
First I don't think she is going to molt AGAIN after just molting 4.5(?) weeks ago. Is my math correct there? I think the person that mentioned a molt being a possibility missed that bit of info. Anyway, tarantulas do not need to mate before laying eggs. They must mate for the eggs to be FERTILE. I think (and it is just a thought) that she might be ready to lay a batch of eggs. Some signs are the behavior you mention and the digging of a small depression and lining it with web. she will lay the eggs in the web lined depression and roll that into a ball. This she will fiercely guard. Other than that, I can't think of much. Good luck, I don't like them much but she is obviously loved by you and I hope she is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment