Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am looking for a new vacuum cleaner and need some advice.?

Which cleaner will be better at picking up stubborn dog hairs?


2400 watts or 1700 watts and does a turbo brush make any difference?I am looking for a new vacuum cleaner and need some advice.?
Whatever you do DO NOT BUY A DYSON!!!! They are cheap and plasticky, very poor build quality. Mine fell apart after six months. Replacement cheap plasticky bits cost the earth. Buy a Miele if you can afford it. They do a brilliant one for pet hairs.I am looking for a new vacuum cleaner and need some advice.?
ok stroppy cow!

Report Abuse



Oh. Sorry we shall try harder to answer the question exactly as it is asked in future.

Report Abuse



get a henry they will outlast a dyson a much over-rated vaccum on ebay 50 bags approx 拢10.00
Get a miele i swear but it, they are so powerful and there is a model especially for cat and dog hairs.
While Dyson is expensive but it is the best on the market. As there is no dustbag you will not waste precious time cleaning it. I bought one two years ago and never looked back. It's a sound investment and time-saver.
the most expensive isn't always the best....i have had Dyson and depending on which type you buy it will only pick up certain types of dirt. i have bought a VAX bubble and it the best hoover i have ever had and i am an experienced house wife!...so long as its at least a 1400 it will be fine and never pay more than 拢120
I totally think Dyson. I have neer found anything better and it gets my dogs hair up great and they are like pine needles!





When we first used it my carpet looked almost new!! =)
you will be better off getting a bagless cleaner not so much to get clogged by the hairs, got one in currys hoover sprint, small but powerful. can be use with or withour bag's if it was a man i would marry it. lol
dyson you cant beat it they do a special one for pet hairs. or a henry is really good.
I have heard that the Dyson's are amazing with animal hair.
Get a Vorwerk one! They last yearsssssssssssssssss, and they're really good - although they aren't that cheap - but they last longer so is it worth it.








Dysons are good, but they're not as good quality - had a Vorwerk for at least 10 years then decided to get a Dyson, and the Dyson broke after 3 years so went and got another Vorwerk - emptying bags ain't that big a deal!
Get a dyson
Since you have a dog, and I know what it's like, I have 2, get a Dyson Animal! They do wonders on getting up stubborn dog hair. I used to work with someone who got one and has a long haired dog and it sucked the hair right up without a problem! They are more expensive but it's the best money you will spend on a vacuum.
i bought a Dyson and never looked back. I would recommend a Dyson every time.
Get a Miele 5000 series. A bit pricey but well worth it and comes with a turbo head complete with light to see all those dark nooks and crannys. Has disposable bags and filters which are easily available.
Just get an Oreck. They are WONDERFUL: effective cleaning, HEPA filtration, and only 8 lbs! Plus you can buy it on the installment plan. It apparently works well on pet hair because I have an inside dog and I don't even notice the hair.


The Oreck comes with a superfantastico portable canister vac that is even lighter and has a shoulder strap so you can walk around getting the dust [and pet hair] in and out of your nooks and crannies and off of your furniture. I think you can also get their cordless iron as a free gift when you buy it, oh joy of joys. Just go to oreck.com to buy it.
well, I have had LOTS of different vacumn cleaners in my time. I would always choose a canister over an upright. We have a super vac repair/sales shop in our town.... a family owned business that has been around for over 50 yrs, and his advice was the same to me....pick a good canister. Top of the line is Miele or Electrolux and well worth the extra cost. One with the motorized carpet attachment will get up pet hair very well. I have had several Hoover uprights, Eureka uprights, and one Dirt Devil. I wouldn't give you 2 cents for another Dirt Devil. The best I ever had was a refurbished Electrolux. ( I couldn't afford a new one). So I would suggest you shop around for places that specialize in sales and service and I'm sure you will find a really nice one that will work for your needs.
Best on the market in my opinion is undoubtedly a DYSON. Great for pet hairs on carpets %26amp; furniture. If you have stairs it has an extremely long reach!
I have had many hoovers over the years and always thought that the Dyson was an overrated, overpriced hoover for idiots.





Then my Husband bight one when our last hoover broke and I am totally converted.





Picks up all those dog hairs first time and carpet never looked so good. Its very powerful and pulls the pile back up and makes the carpet look like new.





I'm trying to get hubby to buy me a Dyson washing machine now as well.
can only say , the best is DYSON
I bought a 1400watt cylinder hoover from ebay at 拢14, and it was FAB! got all the dog hairs and rabbit hairs up, all the daughter's bits of dropped foods (she's 4) and it was VERY good on laminate wood floor. Then it died :-( and we got a 2220 Electrolux upright which spits hard bits out the back (directly at my legs) but admittedly it DOES lift the carpet in the hall :-O which my husband says is good. Id recommend buy cheap/chearfull and replace as and when needed
Sorry to be boring, but get a Dyson
Dont buy anythnig cheap - spend a bit of extra money to get better quality
You have to buy a DYSON, they are awesome, and you do the job in half the time, they get cat hair up so easy you will never look back!





For 拢200 you will have a vacuum that will last 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment